Duke Energy Renewables today announced the acquisition of six solar projects totaling 4.7 MW (alternating current).
SolAmerica developed the ground-mounted projects and managed construction under an EPC contract with REC Solar, a Duke Energy affiliate. Located in Georgia, the solar projects are part of the Georgia Power Advanced Solar Initiative. The power generated by the facilities will be sold to Georgia Power under a 30-year power purchase agreement.
“In acquiring these solar sites, we add Georgia to our growing U.S. renewables footprint,” said Rob Caldwell, president, Duke Energy Renewables and Distributed Energy Technology. “SolAmerica and REC Solar have completed quality projects that will deliver clean energy to Georgia Power’s customers for years to come.”
The projects include:
- Hancock County Solar Farm in Sparta, Ga.
- Johnson County Solar Farm in Wrightsville, Ga.
- Ware County Solar Farm in Waycross, Ga.
- Wilcox County Solar Farm in Abbeville, Ga.
- Decatur County Solar Farm I In Bainbridge, Ga.
- Decatur County Solar Farm II In Bainbridge, Ga.