The Weekly Coal Production Report has been updated for the week ended August 27, 2016.
- Estimated U.S. coal production totaled approximately 16.3 million short tons (mmst)
- This production estimate is 2 percent higher than last week’s estimate and 14.7 percent lower than the production estimate in the comparable week in 2015
- East of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 5.9 mmst
- West of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 10.4 mmst
- U.S. year-to-date coal production totaled 453.9 mmst, 24.5 percent lower than the comparable year-to-date coal production in 2015
For interactive graphs, click here.