The Weekly Coal Production Report has been updated for the week ended July 23, 2016.
- Estimated U.S. coal production totaled approximately 15 million short tons (mmst)
- This production estimate is 1.1 percent lower than last week’s estimate and 17.8 percent lower than the production estimate in the comparable week in 2015
- East of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 5.5 mmst
- West of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 9.5 mmst
- U.S. year-to-date coal production totaled 373.8 mmst, 26.3 percent lower than the comparable year-to-date coal production in 2015
For interactive graphs, click here.