The Weekly Coal Production Report has been updated for the week ended July 2, 2016.
- Estimated U.S. coal production totaled approximately 14.1 million short tons (mmst)
- This production estimate is 3 percent higher than last week’s estimate and 1.3 percent lower than the production estimate in the comparable week in 2015
- East of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 5.4 mmst
- West of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 8.7 mmst
- U.S. year-to-date coal production totaled 330.7 mmst, 27.4 percent lower than the comparable year-to-date coal production in 2015
For interactive graphs, click here.