The Weekly Coal Production Report has been updated for the week ended June 4, 2016.
- Estimated U.S. coal production totaled approximately 12 million short tons (mmst)
- This production estimate is 4 percent higher than last week’s estimate and 20.7 percent lower than the production estimate in the comparable week in 2015
- East of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 4.6 mmst
- West of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 7.4 mmst
- U.S. year-to-date coal production totaled 276.6 mmst, 29.8 percent lower than the comparable year-to-date coal production in 2015
For interactive graphs, click here.