The Weekly Coal Production Report has been updated for the week ended May 28, 2016.
- Estimated U.S. coal production totaled approximately 11.5 million short tons (mmst)
- This production estimate is 1.3 percent lower than last week’s estimate and 23.4 percent lower than the production estimate in the comparable week in 2015
- East of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 4.4 mmst
- West of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 7.1 mmst
- U.S. year-to-date coal production totaled 256.7 mmst, 32.2 percent lower than the comparable year-to-date coal production in 2015
For more information, click here.