The Weekly Coal Production Report has been updated for the week ended April 30, 2016.
- Estimated U.S. coal production totaled approximately 11.3 million short tons (mmst)
- This production estimate is 9 percent higher than last week’s estimate and 35.3 percent lower than the production estimate in the comparable week in 2015
- East of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 4.3 mmst
- West of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 6.9 mmst
- U.S. year-to-date coal production totaled 211.2 mmst, 32.9 percent lower than the comparable year-to-date coal production in 2015
For interactive charts, click here.