The Weekly Coal Production Report has been updated for the week ended April 9, 2016.
- Estimated U.S. coal production totaled approximately 10.2 million short tons (mmst)
- This production estimate is 6.7% lower than last week’s estimate and 43.4% lower than the production estimate in the comparable week in 2015
- East of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 3.9 mmst
- West of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 6.3 mmst
- U.S. year-to-date coal production totaled 178.5 mmst, 32.2% lower than the comparable year-to-date coal production in 2015
For interactive graphs, click here.