The Weekly Coal Production Report has been updated for the week ended April 2, 2016.
- Estimated U.S. coal production totaled approximately 11 million short tons (mmst)
- This production estimate is 5.4% lower than last week’s estimate and 37.9% lower than the production estimate in the comparable week in 2015
- East of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 4.3 mmst
- West of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 6.7 mmst
- U.S. year-to-date coal production totaled 168.3 mmst, 31.5% lower than the comparable year-to-date coal production in 2015
For more information and interactive graphs, click here.