The Weekly Coal Production report has been updated for the week ended February 27, 2016.
- Estimated U.S. coal production totaled approximately 13.1 million short tons (mmst)
- This production estimate is 2.7% lower than last week’s estimate and 25% lower than the production estimate in the comparable week in 2015
- East of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 5.1 mmst
- West of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 7.9 mmst
- U.S. year-to-date coal production totaled 109.3 mmst, 30.2% lower than the comparable year-to-date coal production in 2015
For interactive graphs and more information, click here.