New Projects, Nuclear, Reactors

EDF Will Move Forward with Work on Hinkley Point C

French utility EDF told contractors to begin work on the Hinkley Point C project despite not finalizing financing.
 
EDF reportedly told contractors to start “unconstrained” spending on the project, meaning to move forward as if a final decision had been made, according to The Guardian. Work on the project was halted in April.
 
EDF was set to make a final financing decision Wednesday but pushed it back. China’s state nuclear firm CGN owns a 33.5 percent stake in the project, and EDF has said it wants to bring in other investors to bring its remaining share of Hinkley Point C down from 66.5 percent to 50 percent.
 
Subscribe to Nuclear Power International magazine