The Weekly Coal Production Report has been updated for the week ended September 5, 2015.
For the week ended September 5, 2015:
- Estimated U.S. coal production totaled approximately 18.6 million short tons (mmst)
- This production estimate is 0.5% lower than last week’s estimate and 0.1% lower than the production estimate in the comparable week in 2014
- East of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 7.5 mmst
- West of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 11.1 mmst
- U.S. year-to-date coal production totaled 620.4 mmst, 8.3% lower than the comparable year-to-date coal production in 2014
For interactive graphs, click here.