New Projects, Renewables, Wind

Stake in 24-MW Canadian wind power project sold

Boralex Inc. acquired an equity interest in the 24-MW Frampton wind power project in Quebec.
 
Boralex acquired a stake in the plant from Northland Power, bringing Boralex’s total interest to 66.7 percent. The municipality of Frampton owns the remaining 33.3 percent. Frampton will use 12 Enercon E-82 wind turbines and has a 20-year power sales contract with Hydro-Quebec.
 
Construction of the project is scheduled to begin in the first quarter of 2015 in order for it to begin operations in 12 months. The project requires an investment of between C$75 to $80 million ($63.5 to $67.7 million).