The Weekly Coal Production Report has been updated for the week ended
November 1, 2014.
For the week ended November 1:
• Estimated U.S. coal production totaled approximately 19.0 million short tons (mmst)
• This production estimate is 1.7% lower than last week’s estimate and
2.8% higher than the production estimate in the comparable week in 2013
• Coal production east of the Mississippi River totaled 7.5 mmst
• Coal production west of the Mississippi River totaled 11.5 mmst
• U.S. year-to-date coal production totaled 829.9 mmst, 0.1% higher than the
comparable year-to-date coal production in 2013
For more information, click here.
Read more coal news.