The U.S. Energy Information Administration has released its coal production report for the week ending May 31.
- U.S. coal production totaled approximately 19.2 million short tons (mmst)
- This production estimate is 2.7% higher than last week’s estimate and 2.3% higher than the production estimate in the comparable week in 2013
- Coal production east of the Mississippi River totaled 8.0 mmst
- Coal production west of the Mississippi River totaled 11.1 mmst
- U.S. year-to-date coal production totaled 407.8 mmst, a slightly lower than the comparable year-to-date coal production in 2013
For more information and for interactive graphs, click here
Read more coal news