U.S. power and energy infrastructure owner, LS Power Equity Advisors LLC has signed an agreement to acquire approximately 3,500-MW of generation resources in the Southeastern United States, through its affiliate NATGEN Southeast Power LLC, from Calpine Corp. (NYSE: CPN) for $1.57 billion.
The portfolio consists of six combined-cycle generation facilities which use natural gas as the primary fuel source.
Facilities being acquired include:
- Carville Energy Center, St. Gabriel, LA
- Hog Bayou Energy Center, Mobile, AL
- Columbia Energy Center, Calhoun County, SC
- Oneta Energy Center, Coweta, OK
- Decatur Energy Center , Decatur, AL
- Santa Rosa Energy Center, Pace, FL
The transaction is expected to close in the second quarter of 2014, pending receipt of regulatory approvals.
Subscribe to Power Engineering magazine