Phillip Grigsby, Senior Vice President, Commercial Transmission at Duke Energy and Gerald Deaver, Manager, Regional Transmission Policy, Xcel Energy, will serve on the Board of Directors for WIRES during 2014.
Working group for Investment in Reliable and Economic electric Systems (WIRES) is a non-profit organization that promotes investment in electric transmission and progressive State and Federal policies that advance energy markets, economic efficiency, and consumer and environmental benefits through development of electric power infrastructure. WIRES consists investor-, publicly-, and cooperatively owned transmission providers, transmission customers, regional grid managers, and equipment and service companies.
New officers on the board for 2014:
· President- Phillip Grisby, Senior Vice President, Commercial Transmission at Duke Energy
· President-Elect – John Flynn, Executive Vice President, Strategic Planning & Project Development, American Transmission Co.
· Vice President – Steven Burtch, Senior Vice President, Business Development, AltaLink, who previously served as Secretary.
· Secretary – Noman Williams, Vice President, Transmission Policy, Sunflower Electric Power Corp.
· Treasurer – Gerald Deaver, Manager, Regional Transmission Policy, Xcel Energy, beginning his second term as Treasurer after serving as Secretary from 2011 through 2012.
Grigsby succeeds Don Clevenger, Senior Vice President, External Affairs, at Oncor.
Also elected to the Board is Lisa M. Barton, Executive Vice President at AEP Transmission. Former presidents Will Kaul, Vice President, Transmission, at Great River Energy, and Paul McCoy, Principal at Atlantic Wind Connection will continue to serve on the board.
Read more personnel-staffing news