New Projects, Wind

Group to invest in Oklahoma wind power project

JPMorgan Chase is leading a group of investors, including GE Capital, Enel Green Power SpA and Wells Fargo, in providing $220 million to the planned 235 MW Chisholm View wind power project in Oklahoma. As part of the deal, Enel Green Power will hold a 49 percent stake in the project, and GE Energy Financial Services purchased the remaining 51 percent in April.

The wind farm is expected to enter operations by the end of 2012. It will use 140 GE (NYSE: GE) wind turbines and sell the output to Alabama Power, a unit of Southern Co. (NYSE: SO) under a 20-year power purchase agreement.

Read more new renewable energy projects news