4 September 2008 — Westinghouse Electric Co. signed agreements with BAE Systems,
Rolls-Royce and Doosan Babcock to collaborate on work associated with building an AP1000 nuclear power plant in the United Kingdom.
The agreements may lead to between 70 and 80 percent of the work and services required to construct the AP1000 being provided by the UK supply chain.
Areas of work in the three agreements cover items such as:
- Design, production, fabrication and integration of modules
- Development of a supply base in the UK
- Onsite erection and assembly of components
- Support for commissioning
- Nuclear component manufacturing
- Safety and technical support
Related Articles of Interest: