1. The journey of a thousand miles begins with a broken fan belt and a leaky tire.
2. It’s always darkest before dawn, so if you’re going to steal your neighbor’s newspaper, that’s the time to do it.
3. Don’t be irreplaceable. If you can’t be replaced, you can’t be promoted.
4. Always remember you’re unique, just like everyone else.
5. Never test the depth of the water with both feet.
6. It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a bad example.
7. It is far more impressive when others discover your good qualities without your help.
8. If you think nobody cares if you’re alive, try missing a couple of car payments.
9. Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.
10. If at first you don’t succeed, skydiving is not for you.
11. If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.
12. If you tell the truth, you don’t have to remember anything.
13. Some days you are the bug, some days you are the windshield.
14. Good judgment comes from bad experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.
15. The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it in your pocket.
16. Timing has an awful lot to do with the outcome of a rain dance.
17. A closed mouth gathers no foot.
18. Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side, and it holds the universe together.
19. Generally speaking, you aren’t learning much when your mouth is moving.
20. Experience is something you don’t get until just after you need it.
21. Never miss a good chance to shut up.