FOXBORO, Mass., Nov. 17, 2003 — ENIP (Enterprise Nationale d’industrie Petrohimique), the petrochemicals subsidiary of Sonatrach, the Algerian state energy company, has awarded Invensys an US $2 million contract to upgrade the outdated pneumatic boiler controls and burner management system at the company’s large petrochemicals complex in Skikda, Algeria.
This is the first of several similar control projects that ENIP plans to initiate in the coming years at the company’s two large petrochemicals complexes.
Following a thorough technical and commercial review of several major automation vendors – including ABB, GE Fanuc, Honeywell, and Yokogawa – ENIP determined that the combination of Invensys’ Foxboro A2 automation system and TUV-certified, Triconex triple modular redundant (TMR) Trident safety shutdown system will provide the lowest cost solution that meets the company’s demanding technical and safety requirements.
“In addition to the competitive price, appropriate control capability, and well-documented safety capabilities of their technical solution, we appreciated the fact that Invensys is widely recognized as a premier automation vendor with a long track record of successful projects,” said Said Adjilia, Managing Director at ENIP.
The Invensys scope of supply includes:
* Foxboro A2 distributed control system with four operator consoles utilizing best-in-class Wonderware InTouch HMI software, four redundant controllers, and remote I/O for approximately 500 points
* Three Triconex Trident triple modular redundant (TMR) burner management safety systems with associated I/O
* Foxboro intelligent transmitters, positioners, and analyzers; plus on/off and control valves
* New burner pilots to make the existing boilers compliant with new international safety regulations
* All cabling and related accessories
* Training and site services
The new boiler control systems are scheduled for startup early in 2004.
Invensys operates in more than 60 countries, with its headquarters in London. For more information, visit www.invensys.com.