Aug. 6, 2003 — The Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) announced it will be launching a redesigned web site sometime in August 2003. You will still be able to find it at http://www.ferc.gov.
The new web site will have a design that is easier to use and more intuitive to all its users.
Key features include:
• Major content tabs;
• A tabbed FERC Public Calendar to facilitate tracking FERC activities and events;
• A special “For Citizens” section for those affected by our infrastructure activities; and a
• Customer Protection section.
The site’s information has been rearranged to create a sensible network of related and linked pages that will easily guide you to the information or features you are seeking.
Clear and Intuitive Titles
By renaming some titles, user guessing has been eliminated and navigation of the site has been improved. Several functions and access points have been renamed:
• eLibrary will replace the name FERRIS
• eForms will replace the name Forms
• eFiling will replace the name Filings
The new site will feature horizontal navigation at the top of the pages and drop-down boxes when you scroll over section tabs, making information easier to locate.
Leaner and Easily Scanned Pages
The new site will not be hard on the eyes. The content of the site is easy to scan and will save users time looking for information.