Santa Monica, Calif., May 21, 2003 — The Nuclear Energy Institute (NEI) has re-elected Donald C. Hintz, president, Entergy Corp., chairman of its board of directors for a one-year term, effective immediately.
NEI also elected six new members to its board of directors, re-elected three members and elected three new members to the board’s Executive Committee. Newly elected members of NEI’s Executive Committee, which sets broad policy for the industry, are:
• Lewis Hay III, chairman, president and CEO, FPL Group Inc.;
• Robert B. McGehee, president and COO, Progress Energy Inc.; and
• Richard A. Muench, president and CEO, Wolf Creek Nuclear Operating Corp.
Re-elected to the Executive Committee for three-year terms are Glenn L. McCullough, Jr., chairman, Tennessee Valley Authority; and William J. Post, chairman of the board and CEO, Pinnacle West Capital Corp.
Newly elected board members, who will serve three-year terms, are:
• Henry Bartoli, executive vice president, nuclear group, The Shaw Group Inc.;
• Richard Graves, senior executive, power services, Fluor Enterprises;
• Louis E. Pardi, president and CEO, Washington Group International;
• Edward Sullivan, president, Building and Construction Trades Dept., AFL-CIO;
• Robert G. Van Adel, president and chief executive officer, Atomic Energy of Canada Limited; and
• Andrew White, president and CEO, GE Nuclear Energy.
The re-elected board members, who also will serve three-year terms, are:
• Gerald W. Grandey, president and CEO, Cameco Corp.;
• E. James Reinsch, president, Bechtel Nuclear, Bechtel Power Corp.; and
• K.P. Singh, president and CEO, Holtec International.
All U.S. nuclear power plant licensees and selected representatives of other companies involved in nuclear technologies are members of the NEI board of directors. Members of the board and its Executive Committee typically serve three-year terms, and officers are elected annually.
The following NEI officers were re-elected:
• Joe F. Colvin, president and chief executive officer;
• Angelina S. Howard, executive vice president;
• Marvin S. Fertel and John E. Kane, senior vice presidents;
• Robert W. Bishop, Charles M. Dugger, Stephen D. Floyd, J. Scott Peterson, and Phyllis M. Rich vice presidents;
• Robert W. Bishop, secretary;
• Lisa I. Steward, assistant secretary; and
• John C. Brons, treasurer.