March 13, 2003 — On March 31, 2003, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) will hold five public hearings on the rule it proposed in December 2002 related to routine maintenance, repair and replacement under the New Source Review air permitting program. EPA will hold the meetings at the following locations:
1. Albany Marriott Hotel, Albany, NY – (518) 458-8444;
2. Doubletree Hotel Dallas, Dallas, TX – (972) 934-8400;
3. Crowne Plaza Hotel, Romulus, MI – (734) 729-2600;
4. U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Research Triangle Park, NC – (919) 541-5319; and
5. Hilton Salt Lake City Center, Salt Lake City, UT – (801)-328-2000.
Each meeting will begin at 9:00am and continue into the evening as necessary to accommodate as many speakers as possible. EPA invites all interested individuals to attend. Individuals wishing to speak at one of the hearings should contact Ms. Chandra Kennedy at (919) 541-5319 or [email protected] no later than March 26, 2003.
Comments should focus on the December 2002 proposal and will be limited to 5 minutes in length.
The public comment period for this rule extends through May 2, 2003. In addition to participating in the public hearings, comments may be submitted to EPA electronically, by mail, by facsimile, by phone, or through hand delivery/courier.
More information: http://www.epa.gov/oar/
Comment Period Extended
The New Source Review comment period has been extended 60 days and will now end May 2, 2003. A phone line is now available to take verbal comments at (919) 541-0211 (phone charges will be incurred).